Integration Lead Developer
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
The Integration Lead Developer role is responsible for the design, development and operations of the systems-to-system interfaces, data flows, APIs, and integration middleware within Coretex, platforms as well as external third party solutions.
It combines aspects of application development, integration and solution architecture skills to model and lead the development of the best-in-class integrations and select the approaches and patterns to use.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks this role may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Define the systems integration needed to deliver secure & robust solutions for integration related projects on our roadmap
- Take ownership of reviewing, monitoring, developing & maintaining all of Coretex’s existing integrations
- Lead the management and further development of the Coretex API Hub
- Lead the selection of specialist integration technology required, and being the prime integration technical contact person for any customer or support partners
- Prepare sample code and applications for displaying various outcomes of API applications
- Collaborate with the support-teams in troubleshooting and resolving production issues involving integration to directly or indirectly ensure their timely resolution and recovery and preventative measures are taken to avoid recurrence
- Develop a strong team, skills and culture around integration that crosses the development, support, infrastructure and data teams
- Any other tasks as reasonably required
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
The ideal person fulfilling this role will have the following skills/experience.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or another related discipline.
- Experience in best approaches to systems integration, software development, message-based middleware and SOA, APIs,SOAP, Rest, API management, data modelling, legacy integration techniques including DB staging tables and stored procedures.
- Expertise in many key technical aspects of integration such as how REST differs from SOAP, and pub-sub differs from request-reply, when to use message queuing vs not.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum and XP, but also with more traditional structured approaches
- Expertise with distributed development and major version control systems such as SVN and Git, automated testing and modern development approaches such as TDD and BDD
- Good communicator at multiple levels and across multiple disciplines
- Team Player, able to provide input into a multifunctional team
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision, pro-actively reporting on status and tasks
- Adaptable. The role requires a willingness to take on tasks outside of a narrowly defined role, and ideally a desire to be multi-skilled
- Ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship
- Web API
- C# .Net
- Web Services
- SQL Server 2014
- Queues (MSMQ, Azure Queues, RabittMQ, etc)
- Action Oriented
- Superior analysis and design abilities
- Superior problem solving skills
- Superior technical integration skills
- Agile methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential. Both written and oral
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast-growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in San Diego, California.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.