Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IoT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
To ensure sound and efficient organisation of the work lives of the CEO and senior team, using proactive support to ensure business and customer demands are met in a timely and high quality manner.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Executive Assistant may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Diary management, including appointment scheduling, and assisting the CEO and senior team to plan their time so that priority tasks and deadlines are attended to.
- Responsible for administrative tasks, including producing a variety of documents and presentations to a high standard of presentation, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Act as a liaison point between the CEO and senior team for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Review and evaluate email correspondence. Identify items requiring re-directing to other staff members as appropriate. Independently respond to email and other correspondence of a routine nature.
- Prioritise and channel communications appropriately, ensuring a timely and appropriate response to all enquiries.
- Prepare and/or assist with preparation of Board packs as required.
- Conduct research to assist with the senior team’s duties as required.
- Organise travel arrangements for the CEO and senior team. Ensure relevant itineraries, documents and other requirements are prepared in advance for travel and meetings.
- Review and monitor all credit card expenses, and reconcile with receipts at the end of each month to enable payment.
- Review continuous improvement of the senior team’s organisation and processes, identifying areas for innovation or adaptation where appropriate.
- Organisation of internal and external events as required, liaising with appropriate providers. Ensure the administrative side of event organisation is conducted to a high standard and to meet requirements e.g. refreshments, resources.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and circulate to attendees, attend and take minutes as requested, and ensure follow-ups are actioned.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Administration – High levels of accuracy and attention to detail. Strong capability in word processing and desktop publishing. Tech savvy.
- Office 365 – Advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including graphical/presentation capability. Able to prepare executive level documents, reports and presentations to a very high quality standard.
- Presenting and communicating information – Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Writing and reporting – Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly. Writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner. Avoids the use of jargon or complicated language. Writes in a well-structured and logical way. Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
- Analysing – Analyses numerical data, verbal data and other sources of information effectively. Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships. Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem. Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis. Produces workable solutions to a range of problems. Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and organising – Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Deciding and initiating action – Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Relating and networking – Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective network of contacts inside and outside the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Learning and researching – Rapidly learns new tasks and quickly commits information to memory. Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making. Demonstrates a rapid understanding of newly presented information. Learns from successes and failures and seeks feedback. Manages knowledge – collects, distributes and classifies.
- Following instructions and procedures - Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Able to take a big-picture view and understand the context alongside required policies and procedures. Keeps to schedules. Arrives punctually for work and meetings. Demonstrates commitment to the organisation. Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks – Works productively in a high-pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in a secretarial or administrative role supporting senior executives is essential.
- Proven word processing and desktop publishing experience at executive level is essential.
- High competence in the use of modern technology is essential.
- Strong experience working with senior executives is essential.
- Previous experience and good comfort levels working in fast paced environments is essential.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.