Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets. Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Coretex is looking for an IT Manager to take ownership of the smooth running of our computer systems and management information systems within the parameters of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our internal computing needs.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the IT Manager may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Engineering skills – Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google Docs, Servers, Infrastructure, Networking, Database administration, Programming, Software architecture
- Network planning – Creates and maintains overall network plans to support the organisation's business strategy, agrees service level agreements with customers and plans all aspects of the infrastructure necessary to ensure provision of network services to meet such agreements.
- Information governance – Understands the implications of information, both internal and external, that can be mined from business systems and elsewhere. Makes decisions based on that information, including the need to make changes to the systems. Reviews new change proposals and provides specialist advice on information and records management, including advice on and promotion of collaborative working and assessment and management of information-related risk. Creates and maintains an inventory of information assets, which are subject to relevant legislation. Prepares and reviews the periodic notification of registration details and submits them to the relevant regulatory authorities. Ensures that formal information access requests and complaints are dealt with according to approved procedures. Contributes to development of policy, standards and procedures for compliance with relevant legislation.
- IT management – Takes responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance (including storage, modification and communication of data, voice, text, audio and images) and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitors their performance. Provides technical management of an IT operation, ensuring that agreed service levels are met and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to. Schedules and supervises all IT maintenance and installation work. Ensures that operational problems are identified, recorded, monitored and resolved. Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers. Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current. Investigates and manages the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation) for the management of systems and services.
- IT infrastructure – Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Uses infrastructure management tools to determine load and performance statistics. Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work, including building and configuration of infrastructure components in virtualised environments. Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines. Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. Provides reports and proposals for improvement, to specialists, users and managers.
- Data management – Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability, security, quality, retention and ethical handling of specific subsets of data. Assesses the integrity of data from multiple sources. Provides advice on the transformation of data/information from one format or medium to another. Maintains and implements information handling procedures. Enables the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data and metadata structures and protection measures. Manipulates specific data from information services, to satisfy defined information needs.
- Leading and supervising – Provides others with a clear direction. Sets appropriate standards of behaviour. Delegates work appropriately and fairly. Motivates and empowers others. Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching. Recruits staff of a high calibre.
- Relating and networking – Establishes good relationships with vendors and staff; builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; manages conflict; uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Formulating strategies and concepts – Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops strategies; identifies and develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; set high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks – Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Strong previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Excellent previous hands-on experience of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems, data centre management and data governance is essential.
- Considerable hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation is essential.
- Previous experience in a related sector is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.