At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
Purpose of this Role
Your role as the Product Manager is integral as our company continues to expand our product footprint. We need your expertise in telematics solutions in order to continue cementing our relationships in the transportation industry to develop new offerings for our customers. Your customer focused approach will help you anticipate the future needs of your customer and your technical curiosity will drive you to develop products to those needs. You will have ownership of the products in your vertical from beginning to end: market analysis, requirements gathering, product ideation, product development, go-to-market strategy, sales training and the P&L.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Product Manager may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Engage with customers to identify business opportunities for telematics products and services.
- Conduct market research to identify competitive offerings and potential partners for the supply of technologies and integration with third party applications.
- Develop new products and services by defining the requirements and specifications for the whole product including, pricing, cost models, product launch requirements, internal and external documentation and procedures, packaging, and go to market timing and strategies.
- Collaborate with product development to define products, resource requirements, and development schedules to meet the go to market strategy.
- Work with Operations to prepare for the introduction and support of the products and services.
- Integrate Marketing to develop collateral, training and promotional activities in support of the Sales organization.
- Work with the Sales organization by providing training, defining marketing campaigns, and driving the forecasting methodology to deliver accurate forecasts for the executive management team and the supply chain.
- Full responsibility of the product bill of materials, pricing, and cost models to achieve gross margin targets.
- As subject matter expert in your vertical, engage in activities as a thought leader with customers, trade organizations, partners, trade shows, and publications.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
The ideal person fulfilling this role will have the following skills and characteristics.
- Product management - Manages the full product lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved. Acts as owner/champion for one or more products or services. Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate product development methods, tools, and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Analyses market and/or user research, feedback, expert opinion and usage data to understand needs and opportunities. Develops product propositions and determines product positioning and variants for different customer and user segments. Prioritises product requirements and owns the product backlog. Coordinates trials and product launches and supports communications and training. Anticipates changes in customer/user needs; adapts products, and creates product retirement and transitioning plans.
- Sales support - Works closely with the sales team to ensure that customers are assisted and advised properly. Ensures that reliable cost, effort and risk estimates and project plans are produced. Manages all sales support activities, taking full responsibility for the technical content of bids and sales proposals. Establishes metrics to provide data on performance and help with the continuous improvement of sales support activities.
- Marketing - Devises and manages marketing campaigns within specified budgets to meet specified objectives. Manages and monitors market research, analysis and the marketing planning process. Advises on brand management and promotion of corporate reputation, and plays an active role in promoting engagement of staff and business partners. Takes overall responsibility for the production of marketing materials and staging of events. Finds innovative solutions to marketing problems. Uses experience and data to make informed recommendations to senior management, including market segmentation and customer loyalty. Reviews and reports on the effectiveness of marketing approaches and services and their impact on business outcomes.
- Relationship management - Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decisionmaking processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Financial management - Advises on financial planning and budgeting. Develops financial plans and forecasts. Monitors and manages IT expenditure, ensuring that all IT financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances. Assists with the definition and operation of effective financial control and decision making, especially in the areas of service, projects and component cost models and the allocation and apportionment of all incurred IT costs. Analyses actual expenditure, explains variances, and advises on options in use of available budget.
- Willingness to travel across North America as required.
Leadership and Behavioural Competencies
- Relating and networking - Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Persuading and influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Presenting and communicating information - Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organizational improvement. Devises effective change initiatives.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or Technology is desirable.
- 10-15 years as a product manager is preferable.
- Prior telematics experience is desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in San Diego, CA
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.