Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IoT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
This role is responsible for developing reports and maintaining databases and their platforms across all Coretex employed database and reporting technologies.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Database Report Developer may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Develop new SQL tasks/ queries.
- Develop new reports and BI interfaces.
- Troubleshoot production bugs/issues and provide effective fixes.
- Gather user requirements.
- Conduct feasibility studies on new requirements to determine whether or not they are feasible.
- Write unit and integrations tests to provide appropriate test coverage.
- Create technical documentation of all new features.
- Help develop any new product or platform the company decides to pursue.
- Assist with the building, deployment, and release of software to the various environments.
- Work with the Lead Database Administrator and Software Development Manager to manage timeframes and deliverable planning.
- Work with the Solution Architect to produce and understand system architecture.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Essential engineering skills - Microsoft SQL Reporting Service Report, Database development in SQL Server 2014+, T-SQL , PowerShell , ETL, SSIS package ( Microsoft integration service).
- Desirable engineering skills - DBA knowledge, Data warehousing experience, SSAS (Microsoft Analysis Service), Power BI, Azure experience.
- Database administration - Uses database management system software and tools, and knowledge of logical database schemata, to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports. Carries out routine configuration, installation, and reconfiguration of database and related products. Develops and configures tools to enable automation of database administration tasks. Identify problems and issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Solution architecture - Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas. Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability. Produces specifications of cloud-based or on-premises components, tiers and interfaces, for translation into detailed designs using selected services and products. Supports a change programme or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards (including security).
- Requirements definition and management - Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity. Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions. Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source. Investigates, manages, and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Programming/software development - Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors simple programs/scripts. Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Reviews own work.
- Applying expertise and technology - Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Learning and researching - Rapidly learns new tasks and quickly commits information to memory. Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making. Demonstrates a rapid understanding of newly presented information. Learns from successes and failures and seeks feedback. Manages knowledge.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences is essential.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role is essential.
- Previous SAAS experience is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.