Director of Operations ANZ
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Our Director of Operations, ANZ provides the leadership, management and strategic vision to ensure that our ANZ team has the proper operational procedures, administrative and reporting procedures, people and systems in place. This will include various functional areas: operations, quality, warehouse, customer success, etc
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks this role may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Communicate and drive the overall strategic vision, direction and leadership to the operations team and workforce with the goal of generating maximum efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for managing overall operating expenses, capital projects & expenditures, and budgets.
- Collaborates with the executive team to ensure the continued growth, improvement, and profitability of the organization.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company to the CEO.
- Provide leadership to the operations team to motivate, challenge, and guide activities pertinent to operational efficiency, quality, schedule reliability, cost & profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborates effectively across the company, including with colleagues in Sales, Product Management, Finance, People and Performance, and Marketing to achieve desired results.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the company.
- Develop, motivate, and lead a high performance team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the team; provide mentoring and coaching as a cornerstone to development.
- Foster a success-oriented & accountable environment within the company.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Operations management - Develops and maintains the standards, processes and documentation for effective operations. Optimises efficiency operational activities. Ensures adherence to all relevant policies and processes. Uses appropriate management tools to plan, record and manage the performance, capabilities, usage and actions to meet company targets.
- ERP and warehouse management – able to build and manage ERP dashboards, able to oversee warehouse management operations including recommending and implementing process improvements and setup.
- Performance management - Manages individuals and groups. Allocates responsibilities and/or packages of work, including supervisory responsibilities. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate. Sets performance targets, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Provides effective feedback, throughout the performance management cycle, to ensure optimum performance. Proactively works to ensure effective working relationships within the team and with those whom the team interacts with. Provides support and guidance as required, in line with individuals’ abilities. Advises individuals on career paths, and encourages pro-active development of skills and capabilities and provides mentoring to support professional development. Provides input in to formal processes such as compensation negotiations and disciplinary procedures.
- Relationship management - Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decision-making processes. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Analysing - Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information. Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships. Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem. Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis. Produces workable solutions to a range of problems. Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be apart of a much larger system.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement. Devises effective change initiatives.
- Deciding and initiating action - Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Leading and supervising - Provides others with a clear direction. Sets appropriate standards of behavior. Delegates work appropriately and fairly. Motivates and empowers others. Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching. Recruits staff of a high calibre.
- Persuading and influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a pressurised environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
- Strong prior experience in an operational management position.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and develop a diverse team.
- Proven ability to influence procedural changes.
- Prior success with managing fiscal responsibilities.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Previous experience in a telematics business is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.