Field Service Technician
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
Purpose of this Role
The Field Service Technician is responsible for ensuring all Coretex hardware is installed accurately and in full operational order across Coretex and the installer/service provider network. The Hardware Technician’s high level of accuracy and urgency of output will greatly impact customer satisfaction and confidence in Coretex and its service level with its various telemetry solutions.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the Field Service Technician may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Physical installation of Coretex telemetry systems and any electrical equipment or components required into motor vehicles to agreed standards dictated by customers or vehicle manufactures standards.
- Using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic Coretex telemetry systems malfunctions.
- Dismantling and removing Coretex telemetry systems electrical and electronic assemblies and components.
- Clear understanding and experience of installations into heavy vehicles and the associated Health & Safety standards associated with installation and placement.
- Installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- Connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply.
- Testing and replacing defective telemetry equipment and associated cabling for Coretex solution peripherals.
- Ensuring their work scheduled and performed within timelines agreed between customers and Coretex.
- Responsible for installer network training when required.
- Ad hoc quality assurance of third party installations/service.
- Helping maintain updated installation documentation that is held in the Dozuki mobile application.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
The ideal person fulfilling this role will have the following skills and characteristics.
- Systems installation – Takes responsibility for installation projects, providing team leadership, including information flow to and from the customer during project work. Develops and implements quality plans and method statements. Monitors the effectiveness of installations and ensures that appropriate recommendations for changes are made.
- Resourcing - Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation. Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Quality management - Advises on the application of appropriate quality management techniques and standards. Ensures that projects, teams and functions have appropriate practices in place and are meeting required organisational quality levels. Determines areas where existing processes should change from analysing audit findings. Takes responsibility for controlling updating and distributing organisational standards. Facilitates improvements to processes by changing approaches and working practices, typically using recognised models.
- Creating and innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches or insights. Creates innovative products or designs. Produces a range of solutions to problems. Seeks opportunities for organisational improvement. Devises effective change initiatives.
- Communication and attention to detail – very high written and verbal communication skills. Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
Leadership and Behavioural Competencies
- Relating and networking - Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Working with people - demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; adapts to the team and builds team spirit; recognises and rewards the contributions of others; listens, consults others and communicates proactively; supports and cares for others; develops and openly communicates self-insight such as an awareness of own strengths and weaknesses.
- Planning and organising - sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations - focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks - Works productively in a high pressure environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of work life and personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in electrical or mechanical repair highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar role highly desirable.
- Previous experience with a CRM or similar system is essential.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Epicor is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in San Diego, California.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.