People and Performance Consultant
Coretex is a world-leading technology company that creates innovative fleet management and IOT solutions for organisations that operate in mission-critical environments. Our start-up culture and ‘can-do’ attitude helps us take on the best and win. Our proprietary technology platform helps organisations run more efficiently and comply with complex legislation through intelligent use of data gathered directly from fleet assets.
Coretex has customers all over the globe. Our business is run from offices in New York, San Diego, Auckland, and Sydney. We have ambitious growth plans that will see us further expand operations over the coming weeks, months and years.
At Coretex we believe that technology should be used to create a safer, cleaner and more productive society. The world’s resources are under increasing pressure - to keep growing, we have got to figure out how to do more with less.
Our goal is to help operators drive better business results by improving their asset utilization, reducing fuel consumption and minimising the wear and tear on people and machines - all whilst ensuring that operators remain compliant with all relevant legislation.
Purpose of this Role
Our People and Performance Consultant will play a significant role in the design and build of our new People and Performance function and will take ownership of the day to day operations once established. This role will work across our NZ, AUS and US businesses.
The outcomes listed below describe the tasks the People and Performance Consultant may be expected to carry out. This list is indicative of the role and is not exhaustive.
- Take ownership of Coretex’s internal recruitment processes, assist with their redesign, and ensure they are established throughout the company
- Lead end to end recruitment across a range of roles, predominantly technology or operations focused; confident in working independently across the whole recruitment lifecycle
- Conduct effective strategic sourcing through LinkedIn and other relevant sources
- Ensure high quality candidate management practices throughout their touch points with Coretex
- Issue and interpret psychometric testing (McQuaig)
- Maintain and refresh use of job postings, social media, company Careers site and other EVP tools to continue building our brand as an employer
- Contribute to the development of employer branding strategies
- Contribute to the identification, selection and rollout of appropriate recruitment systems, such as ATS systems, that will drive the results we need
- Establish and maintain relationships with line managers throughout the company
- Develop and implement a regular reporting regime of recruitment activity
- Assist with other People and Performance activities as required, such as on boarding
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in an ethical honest manner in line with company policies and within an economical framework
Quality / Health & Safety Accountability
All staff are authorised to take suitable action to prevent, avoid and where possible eliminate quality and health and safety issues within their job area.
- Business partnering – Able to hold constructive and confident conversations with line managers with a focus on supporting their People needs, set and manage expectations, and drive delivery.
- Recruitment – Good quality interviewing and selection skills with familiarity with competency models. High quality knowledge of use of networks and social media marketing to promote jobs. Familiarity with LinkedIn Recruiter and headhunting.
- Performance management – Able to advise managers and take the lead on simple performance matters including low risk PIP situations.
- Learning and development – Able to assist with the design and delivery of internal training and facilitate external training. Skilled in research.
- Employee relations and policy – Able to advise line managers on low risk matters and support the Senior Manager, People and Performance on more significant matters. Familiar with policy drafting and able to identify and incorporate legislative requirements. Able to research local laws and regulations to check and add to practice.
- Planning and organising - Sets clearly defined objectives. Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances. Manages time effectively. Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks. Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Writing and reporting - Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly. Writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner. Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language. Writes in a well-structured and logical way. Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
- Deciding and initiating action - Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity.
- Persuading and influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others. Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others. Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Relating and networking - Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages conflict. Uses humour appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Presenting and communicating information - Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility.
- Adapting and responding to change - Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Shows respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences. Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks - Works productively in a pressurised environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
- Solid experience in generalist HR or recruitment positions with a track record of success is essential.
- Experience in the technology or digital sectors is highly desirable.
Why Work with Us
This is a great time to join an agile and fast growing NZ technology company that’s taking on the world. Coretex is the kind of company that gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
The Coretex team is driven, professional and focused. We’re big on teamwork and open doors. We are passionate about providing our customers with the best technology and experience, and we like to have fun while we’re doing so.
The development and growth opportunities are as unlimited as our business growth – locally and internationally.
The position will be based in Newmarket, Auckland.
Get in touch.
Please provide a covering letter and attach your C.V.